You have no items in your shopping cart.
The Apex Handguard System, designed for shooters by shooters, significantly improves the design by addressing not only the original short comings, but also offering refinements beyond other aftermarket products. A superior design results in optimal comfort, versatility, and durability for target, hunting, law enforcement, and military use. It's modular and 100% made in the USA. In August 2009 DPMS changed the height of the top rail on the LR308 upper receiver. To properly match your LR308 upper receiver rail to the full length Apex top rail, determine your rifle's manufacture date. If your rifle was built before August 2009, use Apex's full length top rail, item# 2710 for the Mid Length; item# 2730 for the Rifle Length; item# 2435 for the 1.5'' Top Rail. If your rifle was built after August 2009, use Apex's full length top rail, item# 2715 for the Mid Length; item# 2735 for the Rifle Length; item# 2430 for the 1.5'' Top Rail. The distance from the barrel's centerline to the top of the receiver rail on a pre August 2009 model is 1.313''. On a post August 2009 model the distance is 1.253''.
- MIL-SPEC hard anodized aluminum, matte finish
- Innovative mounting system is secured to the factory style barrel nut already in place on most rifles
- Asymmetrical mounting system allows for a 1/4" smaller diameter hand guard than other tubular designs
- The structural integrity of the tube is maintained by regularly bridging the accessory and ventilation slots
- Slots at 45 degrees and 315 degrees encourage air movement over barrel and gas tube while serving as accessory rail mounting positions
- Mounting slots give you control on exact placement of optional rail pieces for mounting accessories
- Available rail positions exceed "Quad Rail" hand guards in versatility by offering eight positions around the tube at 45 degree intervals
- Top mounting holes accommodate top rails: 1.5" and full length 12."
- GatorGrip pattern milled into the hand guard grasped by the forward hand provides a positive, yet comfortable control surface and enhances cooling by increasing surface area, as well as complimenting receivers where the front of the magazine well has been cut in a similar pattern
- Hardware coated to resist corrosion in 1000-hour salt spray tests
- The Apex Handguard System including hardware is made in the USA
- Over all length: 15"
- Weight with hardware: 13.5 oz.
- Includes hand guard, clamp, and hardware
- Inside diameter: 1.750"
- Outside diameter: 1.975"
|Manufacturer||Apex Machining Company|
Customer Reviews (1)
- Built like a tank, hard on the hands, top rail screws are too small...Review by David Fricks
The screws that hold the top rail on are way too small for the job. I think the hex bit I used was 1/16". That's CRAZY SMALL! It's far too small to get any torque on the screw without bending your tool. The factory installed screws worked themselves out after only a few trips to the range. Not one or two screws came loose, but by the time i noticed the loose rail all of the screws had come loose. I added lock tight and was GTG for a while until I went to install an adjustable gas block. I ended up stripping the rear screw that has to come out to remove the handguard, and ended up drilling it out.
All said and done, I will probably replace it with a key mod rail that's easier on my hands. (Posted on 6/26/2015)