This knife is known to the U.S. Army Special Forces as "The Yarborough" and to everyone else as "The Green Beret Knife". It is a no-nonsense, hardworking tool, designed by renowned knife maker and designer Bill Harsey, with function and manufacturing input from Chris Reeve. Made in Boise, Idaho by Chris Reeve Knives, the Green Beret Knife is a using knife that, just like the men for whom it was designed, is efficient, tough and uncompromising.
As from August 23, 2002, a serialized version of the "Yarborough" knife will be presented to each graduate of the Special Forces Qualification Course.
Without the name "Yarborough" and non-serialized, the otherwise identical knife - The Green Beret Knife - is available from Chris Reeve Knives.
- Blade Length: 7 Inches (177mm)
- Blade Material: CPM S35VN Stainless Steel
- Blade Hardness: 55-57 RC
- Blade Coating: KG Gunkote
- Blade Thickness: Full Tang 0.220" (5.6mm)
- Overall Length: 12.375" (312mm)
- Handle Material: Black Canvas Micarta
- Weight: 12.8oz (363g)
- Sheath: Foliage Green Combat Master by Spec-Ops