Making the Best Even Better
Virtually every year since the inception of the Sebenza in 1987 has seen small, incremental developments, improvements and changes. Celebrating the 25th anniversary of the Sebenza in 2012, Chris brought some new concepts to the Sebenza 25.
- Large Hollow Grind Technology—the first blade to feature this new grind that blends the best of hollow and flat grinds.
- Shaped phosphor bronze washer on the lock side brings additional stability to that side of the blade.
- One-eighth inch ceramic ball acts as the interface between the lock bar and the blade, and doubles to drop into the detent, ensuring the blade stays in place when closed.
- Larger perforations in the washers reduce friction, store more lubricant and offer space for small dirtparticles to move away from the blade/washer interface, helping to prevent blade action from becoming “sticky".
- 416 Heat treated stainless steel stop pin is interference fit into the lock side of the handle.
- Asymmetrical pattern thumb serrations on a curved thumb ramp of the blade give excellent purchase.
- At 0.140" (3.56mm), the blade is more robust than previous Sebenza models.
- Blade Material: CPM S35VN Stainless Steel
- Blade Hardness: 58-59 RC
- Blade Length: Large - 3.625" (92 mm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.14" (3.56 mm)
- Overall Length: 8.335" (212 mm)
- Handle Length: 4.71" (147.64 mm)
- Handle Material: 6Al4V Titanium
- Handle Thickness: 0.150" (3.8 mm)
- Weight: 5.2 oz. (145 g)
- Fittings: 303 Stainless Steel
- Double Thumblugs: 6Al4V Titanium
- Pocket Clip: 6Al4V Titanium