Combining our experience producing thousands of M240 and machine gun barrels, renowned AR-15 barrels, and a disdain for status-quo, Faxon is pleased to offer exclusively through Rainier Arms, the new CL5R (Chrome-Lined, 5R) series of barrels. The new barrels combine Faxon’s know-how, mil-spec proven coatings, and Rainier’s profiles – creating a strong heart for any duty-rated rifle.
CL5R barrels feature mil-spec chrome lining completed in the same facility as 1’000s of military barrels. Chrome increases resistance to abrasion, wear, and corrosion which greatly increasing barrel life. The exterior of the barrel is manganese phosphate coated. Rifling is 5R for increased accuracy and velocity and SAAMI spec chambers aid reliability.
Faxon Firearms barrels are the pinnacle of value. Manufactured 100% in-house from cradle-to-grave, these barrels are fully stress relieved, air-gauge tested, and 11 degree target crowned to ensure superior accuracy. Faxon manufactures all our barrels in Cincinnati, Ohio under our ISO:9001 and AS:9100 quality certifications.
- Barrel Material: 4150 GBQ Mil-Spec Steel
- Barrel Type: Button Rifled, 5R Style
- Barrel Caliber: 556 NATO
- Barrel Twist: 1/7
- Barrel Profile: Rainier Custom Medium
- Barrel Gas System 7.5" : Pistol
- Barrel Gas System 10.5" :Carbine
- Barrel Gas System 16" : Mid
- Inside Finish: Hard Chrome
- Outside Finish: Mil-Spec Manganese Phosphate
- 1/2-28 threaded muzzle
- Gas Block Diameter: .750"
- Gas Block Journal Length: 1.9”
- Barrel Extension: M4
- Magnetic Particle Inspected!
- 11-degree Target Crown
7.5"- 1 lbs 1.8 oz
10.5"- 1 lbs 9.5 oz
16" - 2 lbs 5.4 oz