Gear Secto GSR Free Float Tube provides a one piece, light weight, rugged, handguard that when installed gives you a continuous 12 o’clock rail. The GSR utilizes a proprietary barrel nut that can be installed on any 5.56/2.23 based AR platform. It was designed with the top 1913 Picatinny rail for mounting most common accessories, but does away with the need for rails at the traditional 3, 6, and 9 o’clock positions. GSR™ mod slot accessories can be attached directly to the tube utilizing a light weight T-nut attachment system. The GSR™ Free Float Tube comes complete with all necessary hardware, screws, hex keys, barrel nut wrench, Aeroshell Grease 33ms, and Vibra-Tite® to make installation fast and easy. No shims are required, nor are they provided.
The GSR™ Free Float Tube is constructed using multiple base materials and is precision CNC machined from 6061-T6 extrusion. Material and finish processes are outlined below:
- Tube Material: 6061-T6 Aluminum
- Tube Finish: Military Specification ( MIL-A-8625F ) Type III, Class II Hard Coat
- Inside Diameter: 1.30″
- Outside Diameter: 1.76″
- Tube Weight-13.5"-11.40 ozs.
- Tube Weight-15"-12.60 ozs
- Barrel Nut Material: Heat treated steel
- Barrel Nut Finish: Military Specification ( MIL-DTL-16232G ) Manganese Phosphate
- Barrel Nut Weight: 2.24 ozs.
- Compliance: 100% Berry Amendment Compliant
- Origin: Proudly Made in the USA
The GSR™ Free Float Tube comes complete with the following components:
- 1ea. GSR™ Free Float Tube
- 1ea. GSR™ barrel nut
- 1ea. GSR™ barrel nut wrench
- 1ea.1/2 oz Aeroshell Grease 33ms for barrel nut / receiver threads
- 5ea. 8×32 5/16ths long cap screws for attaching tube to barrel nut
- 1ea. 3/32nd hex key for securing tube retaining screws
- 1ea. Vibra-Tite® VC3™ thread locking compound
- 1ea. Installation instructions