Developed from the operational experience of the Magpul Dynamics team, the B.A.D. Lever (Battery Assist Device) is designed to considerably improve the speed and efficiency of the AR15/M16 bolt catch. The B.A.D. Lever quickly addresses reloading and malfunction clearance shortcomings of AR15/M16 platforms by extending a paddle to the right side of the weapon, allowing manipulation of the bolt stop from the fire control/ready position with the right-hand trigger finger.Features:
- Fits standard mil-spec forged AR15/M16 lower receivers
- Thin, anti-snag profile and textured surface still allows for traditional manipulation of the bolt catch while maintaining unobstructed access to the trigger
- Easy attachment to the existing bolt catch paddle via one screw
- Machined from durable billet 6061-T6 aluminum with mil-spec finishing
- MIL-A-8625F, Type III, Class 2 hard anodizing with manganese phosphate on the screw per MIL-DTL-16232G
- Torx mounting screw with Nyloc blue patch prevents back out under recoil
- Torx wrench included
Customer Reviews (2)
- No commentReview by Evan
- Works great! Review by Stephen
Now for the actual review on the product. I'm no Magpul fanboy but Magpul does make great products and this is no acceptation. Everything was packaged well, there was even some loctite on the supplied screw that holds the two pieces together that go around your factory bolt catch/release. Fit and function worked great, currently I have it on a DDM4V7. So far I have been very pleased with this purchase and I would recommend it to anyone.
So far iv put about 300 rounds through my rifle with it on and I have had no problem with the B.A.D lever coming loose or interfering with any other function of my rifle. Works perfectly!
The only downfall of this product would be the price, in general. For a little piece of metal 30 bucks is a decent chunk of change. However other retailers I looked at carried it was 29.99$. Rainer Arms has it listed for 28.45$ as of August 18th. (Posted on 8/18/2016)