Our billet sets are CNC machined from solid billet 7075-T6 aluminum which is 70% stronger than the commonly used 6061 aluminum and finished with milspec hardcoat anodize to a surface hardness of 60 Rockwell. We have designed our lowers with an ambidextrous bolt release with extended latch for smoother deployment. The precision machining on our billets are well known in the industry and we are excited to introduce our combo sets for your next .308 rifle build.
- Ambidextrous Extended Bolt Release
- 7075 Billet Aluminum
- Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- Flared Magwell
- Integrated Trigger Guard
- Tensioning Screw for proper Upper/Lower Fit
- Bolt Catch Assembly Screw (No Roll Pin to install)
- Uses Standard DPMS Type .308 lower parts kit
- Upper receiver is compatible with DPMS High profile 308 Handguards
- Weight: 28oz
FFL Required Before Shipping.
Please have your dealer email their license to FFL@rainierarms.com or they can also fax it in. Please give us a few days to process the information.
|SKU||RA:Set:308 Billet UM Upper/Lower Mod 3|
|Manufacturer||Rainier Arms, LLC|
Customer Reviews (11)
- Would Have Got the Xanthos if Ever in StockReview by AARON
*****If you're reading this, Rainier, I'll pay to have it recoated black, so it looks perfect, but for my high-end large frame build, not to be 100% to my liking, we should work something out. I don't care how long it's been since I ordered it. It's only been assembled a short while, and it took just the one range trip, for me to know I'm less than satisfied***** (Posted on 3/2/2017)
- No commentReview by Steven
- Good but not greatReview by Larry
One other note. Putting enough tension on the receiver with the tensioning screw to take the wiggle out makes it damn hard to pull the receiver takedown pin out. So don't over tighten it. Or you will constantly be removing the grip to readjust.
I like the receiver overall but since I had a few issues which I have never had with any of my other builds this set only rates four stars. (Posted on 11/17/2016)
- No commentReview by Sean
The set screw for the rear take down is not a great design and I drilled a small shallow hole in the grip to retain the spring. It is incredibly hard to depress that spring and install that tiny set screw. (Posted on 11/17/2016)
- No commentReview by Hector
- No commentReview by Jason
- Good with defectsReview by Justin
- Good with some defectsReview by Lincoln Meissner
Secondly, the rod for the ejection port cover is too long and prevents the barrel nut from screwing down flush. It had to be trimmed.
If they notated that a smaller rear takedown detent would have been required, and trimming would be required on the ejection port cover rod it would have been a higher rating. (Posted on 7/22/2016)
- No commentReview by Michael
- No commentReview by Walter
- Fantastic base for your heavy metal gunReview by Jason
One note - the dust cover door is not included as shown in picture (not a big deal) (Posted on 6/29/2015)