The Smith Enterprise, Inc. M14DC (Direct Connect) Wind Talker sound suppressor interfaces perfectly with the world’s best performing flash hider – the patented Vortex. Originally designed for use on the Smith Enterprise M14SE “Crazy Horse" Squad Designated Marksman (SDM) and our MK14 SEI, the M14DC is equally suitable for use on a host of any .30 caliber rifle, such as the M24 SWS, XM-110, FN FAL, G-3, or the AKM/AK47 family, when fitted with the appropriate Vortex DC flash hider/interface. M14DC - equipped M14SE SDM systems have served in combat with the US Army in the Global War on Terrorism continuously since late 2004. In addition to Army use, the M14DC suppressor is now entering service with the US Navy and the US Air Force. Equally important, the M14DC was Safety Certified by the US Navy at Crane NSWC in late 2006. Should your organization have M - 4/M16 - type weapons, in addition to the M14SE, you can now use the M14DC Wind Talker Sound suppressor on both types of weapons. By simply installing the SEI Vortex G6A2, P/N 1001V to your 5.56mm NATO you now have an extremely versatile sound suppressor, eminently capable of meeting your operational requirements. Resource Managers should take note of this added value feature.
- Rebuildable at unit level or at factory with optional spanner wrench.
- Titanium coupler body.
- Completely compatible with SEI Vortex DC Flash Suppressor.
- Secure dual locking plates.
- Materials and finishes selected for maximum corrosion resistance.
- Special hard chroming of internal components for long service life.
- Suitable for other .30 cal. and 6.8mm SPC weapons with appropriate Vortex unit.
- Suitable for most 5.56mm weapons with appropriate G6A2 Vortex unit.
- Overall length, inches: 11.2
- Diameter, in.: 1.5
- Weight: 1.14.08 lbs
- SEI Vortex G6A2 Flash Suppressor (P/N 1003V)
- Outer body and internals – 300 series Stainless Steel
- Coupling Device – Titanium
- Locking Plates – 17-4 Stainless Tool Steel
- Finishes – Tiodize on coupling device. The end cap and the locking collar are salt bath nitrite to 60 Hrc. Extremely hard thin dense chrome is on internal components and they are treated after to prevent cracking of the chrome
|SKU||SEI - 2080|