Thordsen Customs AR/AK Enhanced Pistol Cheek Rest Kit - MFT Saddle
For many years AR and AK pistols (among others) were considered to be a novelty by firearms enthusiasts. The weight of the platform and the power of the .223 and 7.62x39 rounds made them impractical to use and achieve repeatable accuracy. That all changed in 2013 with the arrival of several innovative products designed to improve stability and ergonomics. With these simple improvements the platform quickly went mainstream. Among these products is the Thordsen Customs AR/AK Pistol Cheek Rest Kit.
This kit is a Hybrid design utilizing either our Standard or Enhanced Buffer Tube Cover kits and the Mission First Tactical EVOLV Battle Stock Attachment. The two are joined together and mounted directly to our Keyed buffer tubes using a specially designed steel bracket and adapter kit. The result is a rock solid, ergonomic, cheek weld that provides stability for accurate, repeatable, shooting and a proper sight line for your favorite optics or sights.
NEW FOR 2015
Our new AR/AK Pistol Cheek Rest kits have been retooled for 2015. The MFT EVOLV, Buffer Tube Cover, and adapter are now pre-assembled in house with new, easy to follow, instructions on the inside flap of the new header card.
- Mounts directly to any pistol, or pistol adapter, that accepts an AR-15 buffer tube/receiver extension. (1 3/16" threads)
- Complete assembly including Keyed buffer tube
- Provides ergonomic cheek weld
- 2 Quick Detach Sling hard points (Enhanced Pistol Cheek Rest Kit only)
- 2 water tight rubber battery storage compartments
- Instructions and mounting hardware included
- Thordsen Customs Keyed Buffer tube
- Steel mounting bracket
- Width: 3.5"
- Height: 2.5"
- Length 7.5" (8.5" including buffer tube)
- Weight: 14.5 oz.
- 8mm socket or adjustable end wrench (not included)
- (2) 1/16" Hex wrenches (included)
Made in USA
The Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco Firearms and Explosives, Technology Branch has affirmed that the Thordsen Customs Buffer Tube Cover/CAA Saddle combination is aCHEEK REST and IS NOT a "rifle stock. It DOES NOT reclassify an AR/AK type "Pistol" as a "short barreled rifle" under definitions established by the National Firearms Act of 1934 or the Gun Control Act of 1968. However, BATFE does specifically warn that any misuse of, or modification to, this configuration that may cause a firearm to be used outside of its design parameters, such as being shoulder fired, may change its classification and may make a firearm subject to NFA and GCA regulations and/or illegal to possess. Click on the links below to read the letters to and from ATF.