Lewis Machine & Tool (LMT) New Zealand Reference 5.56 NATO Rifle - 16"
FFL Required Before Shipping.
Please have your dealer email a copy of their FFL to [email protected] or fax it to 253-218-2998, referencing your name and order number.
LMT® built this rifle with its patented Monolithic Rail Platform, the only true monolithic rail platform, milled from a single high-grade aluminum forging. Two locking bolts on the side of the receiver lock the barrel extension in place. MRP technology engages the barrel extension for a full 360 degrees and allows the barrel to be removed in seconds while minimizing point of impact shift. One receiver can support numerous barrels of varying length, material, and caliber.
This is the closest you can get to the true New Zealand MARS-L rifle. This semi auto reference rifle includes true requirement features, such as:
- LMT® metric flip-up sights
- bayonet lug
- Surefire Warcomp flash hider
- enhanced trigger guard
- QD receiver end plate
- ambidextrous charging handle
- MARS-L ambidextrous lower receiver.
- This is the latest and best version of a modern M4.
- CQB Upper Receiver
- Ambidextrous Charging Handle
- S-A Bolt Carrier Group
- MARS-L Lower Receiver
- The CQB upper receiver has a 16.25-inch Picatinny top rail, while providing eight inches of rail on the left and right, and 7 inches of rail on the bottom. Consequently, the one-piece design offers the best platform for accuracy and durability.
- Monolithic rail platform barrels use a low profile gas block with straight gas tube; furthermore, they have a proprietary coating and are cryogenically treated for long term durability.
- The MARS®-L ambidextrous lower receiver features our EDM machined two-stage trigger, winter trigger guard, endplate with QD swivel point, LMT® ergonomic textured grip, and SOPMOD stock. The ambidextrous features include bolt catch and release, magazine catch, and safety selector. As with all LMT® lower receivers, the extension tube is coated with dry film lubricant.
- This weapon system comes complete with metric flip-up sights, tactical two point sling, 3 rail panel covers, Magpul windowed 5.56 30rd magazine, torque wrench, and owner’s manual.
- Barrel Length: 16 in / 406 mm
- Barrel Material: Chrome
- Rifling: 1:7"
- Caliber: 5.56×45
- Color: Black
- Handguard Style: Quad Rail – Carbine Length
- Magazine Capacity: 30 Rounds
- Operating Method: Direct Impingement
- Selector: Safe/Semi
- Trigger: Two Stage
- MARS Caliber: 5.56
|Product Type||AR-15 Rifle|
|Manufacturer||Lewis Machine & Tool (LMT)|