The Dual Lever series of precision optics mounts features the Patented [US Patent 8,567,105] BLAC™ lever system and are engineered for larger diameter scopes. The base has an extension that allows proper eye relief, even when using a non-monolithic rail. It is designed so that the base allows the use of a folding back up iron sight (BUIS). The structure is designed for maximum strength, and utilizes larger fasteners than our standard lineup. This mount is engineered to handle heavy optics and high recoil forces. It is offered in both 0MOA and 20MOA cant
The Precision Optic Mount features the Patented [US Patent 8,567,105] BLAC™ lever system which was designed around the following parameters:
- Must be compatible with any 1913 Specification Rail, to include systems that are out of specification (within reason) and this includes Weaver rails.
- Must be completely tool and user adjustable free. It needs to be 100% self contained and mate securely to any rail without the user having to tailor the pressure/engagement position.
- Must lock with enough pressure to positively attach any device or optical instrument to a rail without movement, static or dynamic forces not withstanding.
- The rail must not experience any deformation due to user error. This must include synthetic (plastic/polymer/composite) rail systems.
- Auto Index capability. The device must also index parallel to the bore. The unit must always repeat the forward shift (recoil forces direction of influence) not only to maximize zero repeatability, but to take this step of installation out of the users initial mounting sequence. Index must be redundant.
- Unit must not shoot loose due to improper mounting or a mechanical bottoming out.
- The system must incorprate a safety that prevents the lever from being accidentally opened. The safety must be able to be manipulated in conjunction with the lever rotation, so that only one hand is required to open it.
- The unit will utilize constant force to ensure required pressure in all conditions. The force must be substantial to prevent any shift forward/aft left/right.
- The pressure must be applied in a linear direction centered in the main body to prevent cocking of the mount.
- It must be easy to manipulate by gloved or fatigued hands.
- It must be extremely robust, and withstand shock and impact to the system housing.
- There were others, but by listing them we would compromise our trade secrets.
MATERIALS & CONSTRUCTION
The Precision Optic Mount is precision CNC machined from a block of 6061 T6 aluminum and finished in hard coat type 3 mil-spec anodized black for a rock hard lasting finish.
- 6061 T6 Aluminum
- Type 3 Hard coat black anodizing
- Weighs only 12.00 ozs!
- Made in the USA!
The Precision Optic Mount has the following specifications:
- Height: 1.5″ from top of rail to scope centerline
- Weight: 12.00 ozs.
- Ring Spacing: 2.975 inside to inside
- Ring Width: is 0.990
- Front Cantilever: 2.00″ long